Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Semana 4

"Que significa esto?"
¿Como?
Que significa esto? Man es hombre. ¿Que significa esto? (pointing at the grone on my nametag)
Es guapo. Mi nombre es Elder guapo-hombre.
¿¡enserio?!
jaja no. chiste.
 
Translation:
Roommate: "What does that mean?"
Mecham: "What?"
R: "What does that mean? M-a-n is man. What does that mean? (pointing at the G-r-o-n-e on nametag)
M: "Handsome. My name is Elder Handsome-man."
R: "Seriously?"
M: "Ha, ha, no. Joking."

Ya I get that at least once a day. I didn't have time to read all of the emails, because I only have 30 min. max (and now that's actually something that I have to follow because the teacher watches us here haha). So I'll be able to read them later though. I did skim over them really quick, and sorry Eliza but I don't have time to read that super fast haha. But dad, I need US stamps because they don't sell any down here ovbiously and the best way for us to send letters here is through the pouch because that's the only way we can actually send them from the MTC without leaving to go to a post office which is a hassle. But I can get any other type of letters here and be just fine, it's just sending them out that is a pain. And that doesn't change the amount of time it takes to get to Utah but oh well.
 
 
So the weather here is awesome! It basically looks like it's going to rain everyday, but we're told that it never will. Actually, I think we're in a desert..
 
 
We've found out a little more about Santa Cruz! First off, any native that we tell that we're going to Santa Cruz, they start laughing... Then they say how deathly hot it is, and how they don't really like the food that much... But most of the food they describe is the stuff that they eat up in La Paz, or at least that's what our roommate tells us.. Our roommate (and I don't remember anyone's names here..) is from Santa Cruz! And, like most of the South Americans here, he's like 4'5" tall. But we got talking for a long time the other night about where I was from and what the US is like, and Santa Cruz, where he's from. He was really excited to find out that we were going there and started telling us tons of stuff about it. So I know that it gets really really hot and humid, and it gets down to 3 degress Celcius, which we figure is about 35-40ish Farenheit. But it's a humid cold so it feels tons colder than it actually is.. And we know that our whole mission is extremely tropical and very dangerous and such. They still don't have foreign missionaries in La Paz as of right now, or so we've been told.. and it's very dangerous being in the other missions still, but not as bad as the capitol.
 
 
Anyway, there's just so much more, but I don't have time to write it all if you want some pictures, so we'll get those done first.. And sorry, there's not going to be any captions unless I have time..
yyaa

No comments:

Post a Comment