Monday, August 19, 2013

New Companion

Muy Buenos Días [Very Good Morning],

And........new companion. Elder D from La Paz. He´s great and I love working with him. I´ve never actually had a companion that makes me feel like I have to be better at everything and really gets me motivated, but Elder D is really uplifting in everything and is a hard worker. I´m really excited to be his companion. It was really sudden (emergency transfer) when they called us on Wednesday to tell us that Elder L was leaving in the morning for Riveralta. And the weird thing is that Elder L is with the other former companion of Elder D. They just switched that´s all. But everything´s for a reason and inspired. One of the first thing´s that Elder D asked me ¨I think you´re from the same group of my trainer...Do you know Elder H?¨ Haha, yup Elder, I live 2 minutes away from him in Salt Lake haha. We´re his only 2 gringo companions haha and I´m probably the last because he´s just waiting for his visa to go to Venezuela and it´ll probably be here before too much longer. But meanwhile, we´re here in Mamoré, really really trying to learn Portuguese now because the Brazilians are taking over our area and have questions about the church. As of right now, my companion isn´t very good at understanding them, so I´ve had to do all the talking in my half Spanish-half Portuguese, half you´re-gingo-and-I-can´t-understand-what-you´re-saying. haha chiste [joke]. They can understand me. But that´s been fun to talk with them a little more.
 
And yup, Elder L was all better after Sunday, except his head hurt a little Monday night, but other than that everything was just fine. So on Tuesday we were all excited to finally have a normal week and all, until the zone leaders called us to inform us that we were going to be with Elder S (the Argentinian) because Elder N had to go to Santa Cruz for immigrations..... So we had a trio for 2 days, again, working in both areas... And then on Thursday Elder L left, so I don´t even remember the last time we had a normal day Elder L and I, but yup, now I´m with Elder D and really excited about all of the great things that are happening here. We´ve found several new MARRIED families so we´re really trying to help them out. We´ll see what happens with that...
 
And what is this about Sophie and Jeff going to Costa Rica? Psh. Come to Bolivia it´s 10 times better.
 
Tell Janessa that she´s going to love Bolivia, it´s really the best place to serve a mission. I´m really excited for her. She´s gonna be in the south mission right? Oh well, it´s still just as good as the north. And I think Sarah James is in the north mission... Some Elder told me about an Hermana James that´s newish.... Don´t know who else it´d be other than her.
 
But good luck in school, love it while it lasts, and read the scriptures everyday.
Amor a todos [Love to all],
Elder Groneman

oh ya, I also sent a package 2 weeks ago..... so it´s still got more than a month, but it´s got just a few things from Bolivia. (Lo siento [Sorry], the letters are super old).

No comments:

Post a Comment