Haha no Elder C** is waiting for his Visa, but the
last 3 financial secretaries have been temporaries, too haha. And it`s
very probable that he could still be here after another 6 months or so.
Visas for Venezuela take forever, more than a year in most cases.
But yup, this week was somewhat better in that I wasn`t as busy
with all of the newbies because they all left to their new areas last
Monday/Tuesday. But yup, it`s been fun and I love the ward here. Our
boundaries go straight into the center of the city, to the plaza in the
center. Elder C** and I are mainly working in the 1st ring and 3rd
ring and there are 2 sisters who are new in the area and they`ll
mainly be working in the 2nd ring. It`s been very different here haha. I
feel like I`m in a different mission haha! There`s tons of cars and huge
buildings and there`s a huge ghetto market in our area that we`ve been
at every day and it`s actually really dangerous there, but don`t worry,
it`s not too dangerous. The most dangerous part of the city is Plan
3000, my first 3 areas haha...... ya there`s tons of problems there and
it´s super dangerous and there`s only Elders there because it`s pretty
sketchy. .......and yes, I have waited 6 months to tell you that because
I know that would`ve killed off mom if she knew haha, but that`s in the
south mission now so there`s no chance of going back there even though I
really want to.
But yes, basically it`s really different here, and my district is
really different too because (oh ya, don`t remember if I told you but
I`m district leader again) my district is us, the assistants, and 2
companionships of hermanas, so that`s been different haha, never been in
a zone with the sisters before. Oh ya, speaking of the hermanas, guess
who I saw last Tuesday? We were entering the towers where the offices
are here and we passed by 3 sisters. The sisters: `Hola Buenas tardes
Elderes [Good afternoon Elders]......... ¡Elder Groneman!.....` So I turn around and lo and
behold, there`s Hermana F** [a good friend from high school]. Haha it was so weird because we just
kind of stopped and stared for a sec, said hi to one another and I said
hi to her companions and then I had no idea what to say and I could feel
that it was gettin' somewhat awkward there, so I turned around to see my
companion and the assistants waiting for me in the elevator looking
really confused. So then I turned around again, and after 2 seconds of
awkwardish silence, we shook hands and parted ways haha. It was so
weird! So then I had to explain to the assistants how I knew her, and
they said that it looked like I almost hugged her, which I think I
almost did because I`ve never met any of the hermanas that I know. I`ve
only seen other Elderes that I know and when you know someone you just
give them a hug here, but not the sisters cause that`s super awkward and
I`m just not used to being near any of the sister missionaries for an
entire year ok! So at least I didn`t get bugged about that one too much,
but it was fun to see her here in Santa Cruz even if no one knew what
to say haha! Ya, don`t even know why I just told you all that.......
Yes, I`m the one who gets to welcome the new missionaries as they
get off the plane. Actually not usually because usually it`s just the
assistants, but it`s so much easier for me when I can go because I have
to explain some stuff to them and they have a bunch of papers and stuff
that they have to give me and it`s so much easier to collect all that
right from the airport. And it was really fun this last group, too, to
answer all of their questions and such. And we also send off the old
missionaries, too.
But yup, that`s pretty much it. I`m slowly coming to accept that
I`m going to be here for awhile. It`s fun, but I feel really..... can`t
think of the word.... I feel like it`s preventing me from working more
with our ward, and I really don`t like that. But we`re managing our time
better, so that should get better.
Well, sounds like everything`s goin well at home. Glad that your [Parker's]
face is almost back to normal. And that`s cool that both twins were part
of the play. Hope that was fun. And the 120 days before your
availability date isn`t new I don`t think. That`s 4 months right? That`s
what it was before, too when I did my papers, but still you could be
getting your call fairly soon!
¡Tengan una buena semana! [Have a good week!]
Con mucho amor,
Elder Groneman
No comments:
Post a Comment