Monday, February 10, 2014

This week was good, but hard like always.

¡Buenos Días!

WOW! What is going on? The twins are too young to date, or be driving. Jacob´s a Priest. Eliza´s on Dance Company. And Parker´s just gonna be professional one day or whatever (and no, I don´t think I´ll be listening to the recording..... I´d really like to, but somehow Phantom of the Opera and MoTab don´t exactly mix haha). WHAT IS ALL THIS?!?! But that´s awesome and I love hearing what you´re all up to. And Sophie´s happily married and quickly disappeared off the map haha.

Well.... this week was good, but hard like always. But yesterday 3 of the big family came to church. In reality, it´s been 2 weeks that we haven´t been able to teach all of them (ever since being kicked out of the 3rd hour........ but I don´t think that has much to do with it). The parents were in Oruro and La Paz for awhile, right? Well, talking to the oldest daughter yesterday after church, it turns out that while they were gone, all of the control of everything in their house was lost and things got pretty crazy. Then the parents came home and don´t want anything to do with us... awesome. They went to visit their family, and, well, their family has different ideas.............. She´s going to keep coming to church with her sisters and everything´s good there, but I can´t even explain what it was like to hear all of that yesterday. But, the good thing is that I´ve never seen a family get baptized here that doesn´t have something like this happen before really understanding what the gospel means for them. ............... Every family has their own little trial to see what they´ll do. They´ve felt the Spirit before, and they´ll recognize that the gospel´s what they need. Patience. Oraciones y ayuno. [Prayers and fasting.]

But other than that, we´re in a trio again! New companion: Elder V** from Chile. He´s finishing up his mission this transfer and I already have his flight home haha! He´s a genius and really knows how to teach. I´m really likin' this trio because I have less time out of the 3 of us. (15 months!) Elder L** has 20 months or something like that, and Elder V** is headed home. I´m learning a ton.
 
Well that´s basically it. It´s raining a ton. Like always. But a lot more than last year. Yesterday we finished up the night with a lesson on the other side del primer anillo [of the first ring] and it took us 20 minutes to get to our house walking in the pouring rain. It´s been like that every single day and I love it. Super cloudy and actually a somewhat cold 75° F haha.
 
Bueno suerte [Good luck] with everything that´s goin on this week!
 
Con mucho amor..... y sumamente mojado por la lluvia jaja, [With lots of love... and extremely wet by rain hah]
Elder Groneman
 
Figuring out the VISA mess last week.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment