Monday, July 14, 2014

Advice for Elder Groneman 2

Muy buenos días!!!!!!

So before I forget..
 
1- Parker. You will write me. I need your email. If you don´t, you don´t get the cool thing that I´m going to send you.
 
2- I was thinking about this the other day. Buy nice Spanish scriptures BEFORE you leave -  so like today or tomorrow. Some of the MTCs only give paperback scriptures to the new missionaries, but you´ll want the good leather ones. And if it just so happens that Mexico gives the nice leather ones, just save the ones they give you and give them to some converts or something. It´s better to have an extra set to give to someone else later on than only have one paperback set that´ll die in 5 months. And you´ll want to give nice scriptures to someone later on too anyway. Elder R** and I sent up a set with a hymn book to la familia G** in Guayaramerín.
 
3 - Don´t worry if you don´t speak Spanish in the MTC. No one does haha. They might think they do, but they don´t. If you can leave the MTC being able to pray and bear your testimony in Spanish, está bien, you´re right where everyone else is when they get to the mission. Believe me, I´ve welcomed in a couple group of Americans, and it´s hilarious, but they all get it super fast after they get here. Entonces, don´t worry about the language in the MTC, focus on your testimony.
....and I´m sure there´s more, but it´s obviously not that important because I don´t even remember what it was....
 
But ya, Chile. Haha I´m still laughing about that because most Bolivians don´t like Chile. It´s just a grudge for things in the past haha.
 
Anyway, week was good. It´s really hot and sunny again. It´s been kind of weird because we´re trying to speak English while we´re at home to help out Elder L**. Oh ya, I´m just so used to being in a trio that I completely forgot to mention that we´re in a trio haha! It´s been like a week and a half now that Elder F** and I have been with Elder L**. He´s from Ecuador and he´s definitely a prankster. Poor other missionaries that live in our house haha. It´s been fun. Elder L** is finishing up his mission in October, 6 weeks before I´m headed home. We have transfers this week, and we were positive that we were all staying here for at least another transfer, but now that Elder L**´s here too and the both of us are somewhat ancient now, I´m not really sure what´s going to happen. Originally he was just going to be here a couple days with us, but who knows. It could be that we´re all here for another transfer. Guess we´ll see what happens.
 
So I´m sending pictures.

Love you all.
Exito, Parker, disfrútela. Ame y sirva a su compañero. ¡Y deme su correo! [Success, Parker, enjoy it. Love and serve your companion. AND give me your email!]
 
Amor a todos,
Elder Groneman 1. 
You can be Elder Groneman 2 because you started 2nd. Sorry, but that´s just how it works. Va a disculpar, ya? [Will you forgive me, already?]

Elder L**, Yo, Elder S** in back, Elder B** (comp de E´ S**) and other Elders from other zones. We had an awsome multi-zone activity with 2 other zones. We all met up at a park in our zone and played soccer while others played volleyball, basketball, and football, then we ate lunch together. You can´t see it, but my legs are covered in mud haha. It was mud soccer. Dangerous, but 10 times better. Lots of falls, Elders and Sisters alike haha.

Elder F**, Elder L**, and I. Sociedad Socorro. (Relief Society).

La Zona Equipetrol

Our District.

Elder F** and I in front of the park Los Mangales that´s in front of our house. It´s definitely one of the nicest parks in the whole city.


No comments:

Post a Comment