Monday, July 28, 2014

People will always be led to know the truth.

¡Buenos Días!

Entonces [So]..... where to start... Last Monday we played kickball with the zone. Success. We´ll be doing it again.
 
The rest of the week was pretty good, not too much exciting. But we found a new family this week and then they came to church yesterday too even though they live farther away than any other member in the ward. They´re hilarious and are definitely getting baptized. They´ve had some weird experiences in other churches over here, and they said that they noticed the difference yesterday after sacrament meeting. Felt the Spirit and all. We´ll be praying a lot for them. They´ve had a really really hard life. There´s so many different ways that people are prepared to receive the gospel.
 
The temperature dropped again on Wednesday I think it was, but it should be getting better here pretty soon. I got sick yesterday and we just went home and I tried to sleep because my whole body hurt and it just wasn´t good. But it´s all good now, like I have a cold no más [only]. Nothing extreme. The weather is just so weird here when the temperature drops so fast and then everyone gets sick. Oh well, my turn. But it´s all good now.
 
Our Jewish friend didn´t come to church yesterday..... Ni modo. He told us that he was going to preach in an evangelical church or something like that... But he´s reading the Book of Mormon still and praying.
 
Something that I learned yesterday. We had ward conference, so the Stake President gave a talk. As he gave his talk, I got thinking a bit about how blessed we really are living there in **. He had a couple examples of the blessings that they´ve all received here in Santa Cruz. The first families of members in Bolivia (which by the way the Church will have 50 years in Bolivia on November 11th, 10 days before I´m headed home) always had to go to Sao Paulo to go to the temple, which is really far away with another language. Then later they had the option of going to Peru, Chile, or Argentina. And now they can go to Cochabamba. What a blessing it is to have a temple just 8ish hours away! Then I thought to myself.... Wow. There´s a temple 20 minutes from my house...... Then the stake president started talking about the chapels, how before the members in Santa Cruz would walk hours every Sunday to attend church. Now it´s a lot closer and there´s lots of chapels. Then I thought to myself, wow, the new family that we found this week had to walk like half an hour to go to church (or like 5ish minutes in bus). Wow. There´s a chapel on like every corner where I live.... And he gave lots of examples. Seriously. We´re so blessed and we don´t even realize what we have sometimes.
 
Another thing I learned.... People will always be led to know the truth. People will always be led to experience and learn what they need to in this life. Sometimes I feel like people just don´t know what they need to know to find the truth of the gospel or something like that, but it really hit me yesterday. I don´t ever have to worry that someone won´t be able to find the truth because of what they´re doing, or where they are, or what they know or don´t know. EVERYONE will be led to the truth at some point in this life or the next. Don´t know if that makes too much sense, but I don´t know, it just made me feel a lot better about some things. We can´t force anyone to do anything ever, it all just works out perfectly in the end. Heavenly Father´s plan is perfect.
 
And this week, we´re going to the mute/deaf lady´s house. We didn´t know where she lived or anything, but (like I was just saying) because everything works out perfectly in the end, it just so happens that this new family that we´re visiting knows her and knows where she lives. They tried to explain to us where her house was, but, like every time someone tries to give directions in Santa Cruz, it didn´t make a lot of sense and it could´ve been one of like 30 houses haha. We´ll probably just have to go with them. It´s a weird story of how we found out that they know them, but ya, everything all works out in the end and people say some really inspired things sometimes.
 
Amor y paz [Love and peace],
Besitos [Kisses],
Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment