The internet hasn´t been working for the last hour for me so it´s gonna be a short one no más.
Buen día.
Yesterday
Elder T**, my district leader here and one of the other missionaries
here in Aeropuerto, and I went to Porvenir again! AND we went even
farther than the last time! Basically the only way I know to explain it
is that we lived the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland yesterday. It
wasn´t a jeep, but a motorcycle trailer thing, but other than that it
was the same with the crazy jungle trails, rivers, crazy animals that
you hear everywhere (yes, including monkeys) and everything else that
you would imagine in the Amazon. I have the best photos ever...... but
like I said the internet didn´t even work until 5 minutes ago, so sorry
about that. I don´t really have much of a choice there.
The
people here in Cobija are doin just great. We´re finally being able to
progress a little more with the people we have been teaching, so that´s
been good to see. The members here are awesome and we´ve had tons of
references here. More references than I ever remember getting in any
other area that I´ve been in. But, we´re also working super hard to get
those references too, more than I ever have before. Hopefully Elder
P** can keep that up when I´m gone. He´d be a way better
missionary than I am if he does.
Highlights of the week:
Had some awesome fish in Porvenir.
Ate cow kidneys. (that was actually 2 weeks ago)
Taught
a lesson in Portuguese. Yes, no joke. We were teaching this recent
convert from La Paz and he was with this lady who lives crossing the
river in Brasileia. She´s not a member, but went to church several times
and had the missionaries visit her when she was living in Rio Branco.
She understands and speaks Spanish fairly well but with a heavy accent,
but only spoke in Portuguese when I said one thing to her in Portuguese.
The good thing is is that even though I know my Portuguese really isn´t
that good at all, she told me she could understand me and that´s all
that matters haha.
The new chapel in Aeropuerto is getting dedicated this Friday right before Conference!
Lots
of other stuff that I don´t remember and ya. I´m fine, my comp's doing
fine, freaked out that everyone´s getting married, I actually have
bronchitis but it hasn´t really affected me at all. You asked for my
flight schedule so I´m sending it. Yes, that´s about it. Congrats to
Jeff and Sophie! For the record, I called boy. It´s documented in an
email.
Amor a todos. Besits.
Elder Groneman
No comments:
Post a Comment