Monday, October 6, 2014

It's been an awesome week!

Muy buenos días!

Today´s a good day. My zone leader just got the call that he´s the new mission secretary. HA! That´s why it´s a good day, because I can laugh all I want and it´s completely justified. This zone is really good at the secretary jokes haha.
 
But other than that, it´s been an awesome week! We didn´t have as much time to teach because we had a chapel dedication, zone conference with Pdte, interviews, and general conference, BUT we still taught more than we have our entire time here! That´s what´s up. Definitely teaching more than we have, but then in the end they didn´t come to conference.... oh well. BUT, here in Cobija, they have the BYU channel so most of the members just watched it at home and we have to see if they had invited their investigator friends that we´re teaching like they said they would. It´s probably the only city in all of Bolivia that you can watch conference from your house and it´s some little jungle town in the middle of nowhere haha. Supposedly there´s a member here that works for the internet and cable companies here. Something like that.
 
So the chapel dedication on Thursday. Yes, Aeropuerto has a new chapel and it´s SO NICE! Seriously, it´s the best chapel I´ve been in my entire mission, with perhaps the exception of Paraíso. This week was the conference and next week are the presidential elections here so we won´t be able to have a normal sacrament meeting in it for another 2 weeks, but everyone´s really looking forward to that. Yes, the elections are this next week. It´ll be good to have that all over with so I can get all of the Evo music out of my head. Whoever wins, it´ll just be good to not have political music blasting during sacrament meeting. But yes, the dedication was really good and we did have some investigators there and they loved it. That was a good night.
 
Then we had a really good zone conference con el Pdte and then interviews. I´ll be really surprised if Elder P** and I get transferred. We´re definitely staying here, and actually we have to divide the area this week with another companionship..... Flashbacks from Mamoré. Don´t want to divide the area again, but we kinda have a good idea about how we´re going to do it. We´re also going to go to Porvenir more because they really need help over there. We aren´t allowed to go in the ghetto bench and motorcycle anymore though..... oh well. Should be a good week.
 
Our investigators are doing really well and they´re gaining testimonies, but they need to go to church! It´s been an interesting experience here in Aeropuerto, but slowly and surely we´re all progressing. The members here are incredible. Some of them really know what it is to live the Gospel and share it with everyone else.
 
Yes, I know the question that´s on your mind. My bronchitis. No, I´m not going to lie, it hasn´t changed, but we´re trying new medicines. But don´t worry I´m just fine and we´re still working normally and everything. Cosas de la vida [Things of life].
 
I could talk forever about the conference, but just go watch the parts you missed and you´ll all feel the same. Yes, after the first session was in Spanish, we watched the rest of it in English with the other missionaries. But yes, we switched back to the Spanish channel for Elder Gavarra and Elder Martinez´s talks. Really cool to hear their talks without translators in their own language. We tried to watch Elder Godoy´s too in Portuguese, but couldn´t find the Portuguese channel. Oh well.
 
Clarification on the lesson we had in Portuguese. I don´t actually speak fluent Portuguese. Just a bad Spanish-Portuguese mix haha.
 
Love you all and hope everything´s good por allá.
 
Que les vaya bien! Besits. [Things are good!]
Elder Groneman
 
La Zona Cobija! Elder P** is the super tall one.....   

Yes the one where I´m right in the middle we just decided to sit wherever we wanted, and I was in the middle for another photo we took.... I was going to move because that was just really weird with me right smack dab in the middle, but they all just told me to stay there...... oh well, guess it had to be that way haha.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment