Monday, February 4, 2013

Best Mission in the World... Just Sayin..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZA & JACOB!!!
And you can get your permits, too haha! But ya, wait until the snow stops, it´ll be much easier then. Wish I could have some of the Lego cake, too that´s awesome!

And Mission Calls! Ah! So much is happening it´s ridiculous! It´s interesting how you start to find that there´s people in your specific mission that only you can teach.. It´s really cool how you develop such a connection with the people in your area.

But this week was.. I don´t even know how to say it all but it was incredible!

We had a baptism on Saturday and when we went to fill up the font, the church had no water whatsoever (like everyday).... Awesome. So we said a prayer that somehow we´d get water into the font so they could be baptized. Well, long story short, we ended up finding where the water was stored on the church grounds or whatever you call it, and we used it as a well! Yup, that´s right, we filled up the entire font BY HAND. It took us a good hour and a half, but it was awesome. I was having visions of using the wells in Cambodia to get water haha! So I got some good pictures of that. Yup, that´s right everyone, my mission´s just a little bit better than yours haha.

Anyway, got the font filled and all was good to go, and then we later found out that our investigator, the one who was so awesome and I don´t know if I told you about him already, but he´s been coming proselyting with us cause he wants to serve a mission later, but anyways, he went back to Trinidad the day of his baptism! AH! NO! He knew that he´d have to go back sometime soon (he´s only been working here in Santa Cruz until some people came to pick him up or something like that).. But it had to be that day... He even moved up his own baptismal date by 2 weeks so he wouldn´t have to be worried about leaving beforehand, but it still happened! Oh well, we´re letting the missionaries know in Trinidad, so everything should be ok... It was still really hard to accept, though... But the other baptism with our other investigator was really really good, other than the fact that she was slightly scared of going under the water, so it took 6 times before she went all the way under! But it was really cool cause her whole family was there and her brother in law who´s preparing to go on a mission baptized her. Then we had a huge storm that night which made everything even better! I love Bolivia!

Yesterday, cool stuff.. We had an appointment with this one family that was set up by their kids that we just happened to meet in the street last week. Usually these appointments immediately fall through and nothing ever happens, so that´s what we were expecting yesterday, but we knew that we had to at least stop by and give them a chance. So we showed up and the dad was right next to his gate and long story short (like all of my stories as of now), we got in and taught an incredible lesson to him and his wife about families and such. The Spirit is incredibly strong by the end and he asks where he can get a Book of Mormon! The sad part about this, which isn´t even sad, is that I left the last Book of Mormon at our house because I had to save it for one of our investigators who really needs it. But at the same time I knew that I was going to give it to someone, but I still left it at home because I wanted to save it for this other person.. Anyway, great story, not enough time, but basically the lesson was filled with tons of crazy spiritual impressions and everything was so great! We went all the way back to the house to get the book and all the way back so he could read it last night! Ah! Yes! And when we gave him the book last night.. "There´s just something different about you two. I don´t know what it is, but I just feel so peaceful right now, and I just don´t know what it is. You are both really special people and I feel so good. I don´t know how to explain it, but I´m really really grateful that you just happened to stop by and talk to my kids. I´m really grateful that you happened to be in the area that day." AH!!!!!!! There are people that are so prepared to hear everything we have to say it´s just ridiculous!
Basically, life´s good., I love Bolivia and all of the people here, I love this gospel, I love this mission, and everything is just perfect!

Have a great birthday, Eliza and Jacob! Love you all! Eliza, sorry I have no idea what number you´re on, sorry.. Jacob, the other Elders always comment on your pictures when I bust up laughing every week haha!

Love,
Elder Groneman

Ok, sorry, but I thought of some things that I need... Homemade Beef Jerky. Lemonheads, the fake kind or the good stuff it doesn´t matter. And ya.. please.

Sorry, I just realized that I´m sending the photos that I didn´t want to send this week, but eventually we´ll catch up haha! But I think this has the baptism from last week with the 4 boys.. Sorry, only 3 and they´re not even close to the good ones that I´ll be sending this week..
¡Chao!



Oh, almost forgot, no email next week because it´s Carnival and the people go insane, so we´ll be in the house from this Saturday at 5pm until Wednesday morning.. Woo hoo.. No p-day next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment