Most Beloved Friends and Family…
I sit here in Bolivia hoping that I get to actually send
this because the internet is not working anywhere this morning…
But anyway… The rest of the week was awesome! Last Wednesday
I had to go to the Clinic in the city because I had some really bad allergic
reaction to the grass here after we spent the morning cutting down our giant
weed garden with other Elders in our district. And no, they’re just regular
weeds…. They cut (burn) down all of the other weed gardens in August so they
can allow room for other weeds….. …. Uh-hem.. Anyway.. As we’re cutting down
our normal weed garden, with machettes might I add, always with machettes, my
allergies really started to act up and I couldn’t even hardly breath because
there was so much pollen in the air and I was sneezing so much! So after we
were done, someone pointed out that my legs and arms had really bad rashes and
it wasn’t lookin so hot. Plus it felt horrible. But, even though I knew it
would probably go away and wasn’t worried at all, my companion insisted that we
call Hermana Caulderon because that’s what we have to do whenever someone’s
life is in danger when they sneeze more than once haha! So we called her and
all and she was very worried and said we had to go to the clinic RIGHT THEN. So
we went to the clinic. Oh, stop, before that our water stopped working for the
day so I couldn’t shower before I put on my normal dress clothes. So I “showered”
in our precious drinking water haha! I had to do something because I was
completely covered in dirt and sweat.. like always. So later we sat at the
clinic forever. They called us back. I got a shot in the butt. We left. All is
well. (And yes, dad, I took some Zyrtec haha) So nothing bad at all, just a
nice change in the day.
So besides that we had 4 baptisms on Saturday! Everyone
besides the dad, because apparently he decided not to tell us that he had a
girlfriend in Spain until the night before his interview! Don’t know how that
one wasn’t mentioned before… But all the
kids still were able to get baptized on Saturday morning, so that was a nice
addition to our week. The lady who wanted to get baptized on Wednesday instead
of waiting until Saturday is now waiting until this Saturday because of some
issues that she was uncomfortable with…… She didn’t want to get in the water uh-hem.
No worthiness issues, so that’ll be good to have another 2 baptisms this
Saturday because there’s also an 18(?) year old getting baptized too. He’s been
going to church for awhile now and we were planning on baptizing him on Feb
16th, but later in the day after he committed to that date, he came with us to several
lessons that we had scheduled (because he wants to be a missionary in a year
too, and so yes, the non-member is teaching with the missionaries!)… Anyway he
told us later that day that he wants to get baptized this Saturday! And he’s
completely ready, so we were really happy and shocked and ya, really excited
for him!
Ok! So now my email works! WHAT?! Mission Calls?! Congrats
to Hillary and Rachel! That’s awesome! You´ll be surprised how much you´ll love
where you´re called. Every single day I look around and wonder how in the world
I ended up here because seriously, this place was made for me! Bolivia is
awesome! And it finally rained really hard last Friday! So that was nice. All
the locals say that it´s really hot right now (which it is) and that it should
start raining a lot more now, but apparently that hasn’t happened yet..
Sorry Parker, that really sucks [Parker missed the Honors Choir performance because of the flu], but you’ll still have next
year too.. Just be happy that you´re sick inside a house haha and not sick in
stinkin hot Bolivia haha.
Ok, really quick.. trying to answer questions..
*Yes, iPod [full of church music] works just fine, keeps a charge pretty well, I
love it, thank you.
*Food: Usually don’t eat breakfast.. if I have cereal, I eat
that, but usually a piece of crappy bread or such.
*Need or want: LETTERS PEOPLE I WANT LETTERS! And packages,
but know that they go through everything.. BUT. You people out there getting
calls and living life without me, WRITE!
*Piano in chapel: We’re in the quite-large stake center. So
yes! I play every week in sacrament meeting after I found out the first week
that no one knew how to play.
*Typical day: No time now, so next week.. Basically study all
morning, lunch at 1, proselyting and lessons the rest of the day.
*Computer: When it works, 45 min. Printing, not unless I want
to pay and then go through the hassle. So, no. Just send awesome pictures and
stuff in letters..
*Taking pictures, but forgot my cord this week so you’ll have
to wait for more..
Basically, I love Bolivia and the people here, my companion
is awesome, our investigators are doing great and we have several baptismal
dates set, so hopefully all goes well! Love you all, still thinking about you
everyday when the sun just about kills me haha!
Amor,
Elder Groneman
No comments:
Post a Comment