¡Feliz Navidad!
My Christmas this year started off at exactly midnight when every
single Latino started screaming and banging on every door as they ran
around hysterically around our building, while, at the same time, the
world outside became chaos. Imagine the 4th of July to the extreme. That
is Christmas at midnight in South America haha! And their fireworks are
just a little bit different than ours: they sound more like gunshots.
Ok, now a bunch of stuff that i've been thinking about this week...
First, while I'm still thinking about it. Thanks for all of your
emails! All day yesterday I was wondering what everyone was up to, but I
guess it was completely different haha! but it still sounds like fun.
Anyway, thanks for the emails because they were all awesome to read but I
just don't have any time to comment on them all... And Sophie, it's
funny that you would ask if I would put music to something, because
honestly I was going to ask you to write something so I could do just
that! Go figure... But seriously, that would be awesome!
Second: Send all letters and packages and everything to my mission
home in Bolivia because as of now it's not guaranteed that I'll get it. I
leave in 2 weeks! (On the 9th?) Or whatever that Tuesday is.. Nothing
is definite on what day we're leaving until the day before it happens,
but we're pretty sure we're leaving that Tuesday morning at 6am. But,
like I've said before, T.I.P. (this is Perú). Nothing is certain. Oh and
packages go to a different address, but that should be in my call
packet too, I think...?
So our roommates are great. Actually, they're really weird, but
they've had absolutely no experience with English or North Americans
whatsoever. So that always makes it fun when they ask us to say our
nightly room-prayer in English and the crazy one always busts up
laughing after 2 sentences haha! But, both E' Porter and I have noticed
that it's getting hard to pray in English haha! And it sounds kinda
funny too because I keep wanting to say certain things in Spanish all
the time. And I think it finally hit me this week! I can understand
almost everything that they're saying! I know that's all going to
completely change once I get out in the field, but who cares, I can
understand the Latino missionaries!
Ok, I got a letter this week from Great Grandma and Uncle David,
and I don't remember when it was sent, but it took awhile to get here.
Thanks! I really appreciate it! And it was even better that it came this
week because it was kind of like an early Christmas present!
Oh, and thanks for the presents! E' Porter and I both opened our
stuff after we woke up this morning and I have to say that I was
completely surprised! And exactly what I wanted too! I can't use any of
the music stuff in the MTC, but it´ll be great for the field!
Just remember this Christmas that Christ, just like the rest of us,
has agency. And he chose to suffer for your sins that you can have
Eternal Life.
Sorry, I've got great pictures, but no time. Next week...
And tell everyone Merry Christmas from me! (Betty as well)
¡Feliz Navidad!
Merry Christmas
Love,
E' Groneman
No comments:
Post a Comment