Thursday, January 3, 2013

Last week in Peru!

¡Feliz Año!
 
Seriously, I love reading all your emails when I get on each week! It's always nice to hear from family! And another reminder to everyone.. No more letters, or anything sent to Peru, including DearElders because those get printed off in Provo and then sent here so they take just as long, if not longer. So everything to Bolivia from now on! We still don't know exactly when we leave, but we're pretty sure it's Tuesday morning, and I could call from the airport if I wanted, but it'll be like 4:30 in the morning back in Salt Lake haha! Oh, and I don't have a calling card, so basically it's going to be impossible to call at this point unless I can use the cell phone which I still have... I don't even know if I can still use that outside the US or if the minutes are expired or what, but email me back because I'll look at my email once more before we leave most likely so ya... hopefully that all works out.
 
Ok, so I noticed that I didn't even talk about Christmas in my email last week! But it was actually really fun, from what I remember, because it feels like forever ago haha! But anyways, the Sunday before Christmas was a little bit different with some things, mainly Sacrament meeting, where I got about 10 Elders to sing the a'capella mens' chorus Come Thou Fount and all the hermanas to sing an arrangement of O Come, O Come Emmanuel, which we found and they got me to play for them. Basically our entire Sacrament meeting was music so I was really involved because the Zone Leaders are from my District so they know I can do all this stuff and it was really fun! And actually, the entire time being here, I think there's only been 1 or 2 devotionals and firesides that I haven't played the piano for.. A lot of the Latinos in this group can't pronounce or remember my name so they just always call me 'pianista' or E' Pianista haha! It's been really fun playing for all the Latinos, and shout-out to Craig because sometimes they get really demanding and tell me to change the keys of the songs or put an interlude here because they want the song to be better haha! Anyway, thanks Craig, because I can actually do that for them!
 
So I got several more letters this week because our zone leaders found my letters in a pile of letters that were supposedly for missionaries who aren't here anymore... Awesome. I'll be checking that pile again before I leave. But I got Jasmine's wedding announcement, after they were already married haha, and several Christmas cards from you and Great Grandma/David and Grandpa/Grandma and I hope that's all because I'm really trying to rush this email right now..
 
And can you tell people thanks for the money? I really appreciate it and they didn't need to do that... But I can't even express how grateful I am for everyone's support.
 
Ok, so I didn't even finish what went on for Christmas and stuff, so I'll write hand-written letters on the plane and stuff to everyone. But know that I'm thinking about you all everyday and I have so much more to say but my time's up..
 
Love,
E' Groneman
(Next time from Bolivia!)
And sorry, holding off on those pictues still..

No comments:

Post a Comment