Monday, July 15, 2013

Meeting the new Mission President

¡Buenos Días!
 
Sounds like everything´s good. Solo que [Only that] Sophie almost died! What?! How did the jar break?! Glad that´s everything´s ok now, so can I say that the picture´s pretty awesome and I wish I got to see it because it looks dramatic. Oh well, glad that everyone´s ok and feeling better.
 
Guayara is doin' good. We have transfers this week so I´m really hoping that I don´t leave yet because our branch is finally seeing the vision that Elder L and I have! This branch used to be huge, like 2 hundred people every week, but who knows what happened and this Sunday there were only 6 people.... otra vez [once again]. So we had the entire branch out visiting people with us yesterday! It was awesome! Everyone was so happy to help us and the people we visited were so happy to see their old friends. Muchas veces [Many times], all that someone needs is to know that someone is thinking about them. Our branch is really trying to ¨build the kingdom¨ here again.
 
We met the new mission president, Presidente Zambrano, on Thursday and he´s great. Completely different from Presidente Calderón, but they both have the same goals, just different ways of doing things. We got to talk to him and Hermana Zambrano for awhile, Elder L and I, because we were helping a member with his mission papers with them after the conference we had, and they told us that they´re trying to get Guajaramerím, the Brazilian city on the other side of the river, in our mission so that we can cross and proselyte in Brazil! Don´t know when that´ll happen, but Elder L and I were already trying to learn some Portuguese, so maybe that´ll help me later in my mission haha. But they´re really nice and gave us some help with our branch because we´re really having a hard time with the members here (until yesterday!), and Pdte. Zambrano told us that we´re really pioneer missionaries here in Guayara. (The first people here got baptized in 1985 or 86 or something like that.) But his suggestions are working so far, so I´m really happy about that.
 
Answering questions. The district (we´re not a stake yet..... but considered part of the stake in Trinidad) is Guayramerín and our branch is Mamoré, the same as the river. We meet in the church building that´s on the calle 16 de Julio and Walter Alpire.
 
N C-T. I think that you can sponsor him specifically if you go to the Sustainable Cambodia website. Last year there was a certain date, like the 15th or 16th of July or something like that they posted individuals with their names and information and I went to that page and sponsored him specifically. Don´t know if ít´d be the same this year, but that´s how it was last year. Sorry, that´s about all I know.

Amor,
Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment