Monday, July 1, 2013

Misión Bolivia Santa Cruz Norte

Buen Día!
 
Sorry if I´m not going to answer all your questions today because I´m kinda thinkin about other things right now... Nuevo Presidente de la misión Presidente Zambrano arrived on Saturday, Presidente Calderón gave him some training for 3 hours before he left for Equador, and bam. New Mission President. It´s official now. I´m not going back to the south nada más. Misión Bolivia Santa Cruz Norte. But the thing is, I think that I´m getting a new companion here in the next day or two because while we were all writing the mission president, we noticed that the name changed from Calderón to Zambrano, but my companion, and another Elder in our district, their emails say Presidente Willard, for the South Mission. And they´re not listed as our companions anymore on the list of my district. Hmmm. No sé. [I don't know.] We´ll see what happens with that. But I was also looking at a map of our mission this morning and we have more than we thought we did. We have all of Pando too and so now we have limits with the Perú Cusco Mission. What? If they open areas for us up there, we´ll be in the mountains! Crazy stuff is happening. No there´s not some special meeting with the new president. Or not for me anyway. The Zone Leaders left this morninig for Santa Cruz to have their monthly meeting with the President, this time for the first time with the new mission, and normally all the District leaders go for the morning part, but I don´t get to go because I´m way super far up north almost in Brazil. 
 
Oh well. But we´ll see what they have to say later about all the changes. And Presidente Zambrano will be here in Guayaramerín sometime in the next couple of weeks because the new mission presidents always have a tour of their mission right after arriving. To answer another question: Yes, because we now have our own zone here in Guayara we stay here for Zone Conferences, but because Riveralta has its own zone too (we were part of their zone before) we usually have conferences together and I think that it´s their turn to have it there, so I think we´ll be going to Rieralta for a day sometime soonish. It´s only an hour away, but I´ve heard that the drive there is absolutely beautiful through the jungle.
 
Anyway, enough about that. But this week has been great! We had a lesson with Hermano E. He´s 22 years old and is separated from his wife and basically has had troubles with his family forever. We had a lesson with him on Friday that was incredible. The spirit was sooooo strong it´s in the top 5 of my mission for lessons by the spirit. ¡Increíble! And he felt it too and we explained it to him that that was how Heavenly Father was answering his prayers and how he was feeling the spirit and just... wow. And ya know what, it all happened after we started reading the Book of Mormon with him. Seriously people, read this book. And don´t just read it just to read it, but read it to learn and to feel the spirit, then think about the connections it has with your life because there´s always some type of connection, then pray to know if it´s true. I promise that you´ll feel our Savior´s love if you do that. I can´t stress that enough. This church is absolutely true, 100 percent real, without a doubt. And if you don´t believe me, go and read that book and pray to ask if it´s true. I promise you all that it is and it´s directly from God to help us overcome all the religious confusion of our day.
 
But, back to the story, K is getting baptized on the 13th, and we have a family that´s hoping to get baptized soon, (the family from the story a couple weeks ago), but they have to get married and so we´ll see what happens with that.
 
Sounds like everything´s good in Utah! Dying in the sun.... I know how ya´ll feel haha. It´s ten times hotter up here in the Beni than in Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz is really cold right now I hear. But that´s ok cause I like the heat better than the humid cold that sticks to your bones.
 
Love you all and pray for you everyday,
Amor,
Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment