Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!!!!!

¨And remember darling, it is faaaaar better to give than it is to receive.¨
                                                                                             - Auntie Claus
And I was going to quote Mr. Pudding too, but I don´t remember the rules. Just have mom read this letter in her Mr. Pudding voice and it´ll be good enough haha.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!! I´m actually not going to write a lot because I don´t have much time and I´m going to be calling on Wednesday so I´ll have more time then.
 
But, like always, crazy week. I now have a new companion, Elder L** from Tarija, Bolivia. He´s the one that´s taller and whitish haha, so everyone thinks he´s from the states at first haha. I don´t know if I ever mentioned him before, but he was also my district leader too in La Merced when I was in El Quior and Cupesí. And we lived in the same house in Cupesí. And the Elder that he was training at the time that also lived with us in Cupesí is the secretary in the other mission so that´s been fun too. Elder L** has 19 (?) months in the mission, so I´m actually kinda glad to be with someone who has more time than me. But I´m still District Leader. Don´t know how that happened, but the President just looked at me when I found out that Elder L** was going to be my companion and I told him that he was my District Leader before. The Assistants thought about changing that, but President Zambrano just looked at me and didn´t really say anything, so I left the room to break the awkward silence haha. And so we´ll be in a trio for about 2 weeks or so until Elder C** heads off for Venezuela.
 
And we had transfers this week. Insane. Again. But more so because we had the Christmas devotional on Monday, the newbies got here on Tuesday, on Wednesday Elder L** got here and we actually lost him for about 3 hours and had no idea where he was and we also did all of the government stuff with the newbies on Wednesday, then Thursday was the actual transfers and about half of the new missionaries went to their first areas then Friday Elder C** was training Elder L**, Saturday was P-Day and then we had a ward activity that night and yesterday we went to a  Christmas devotional that involved about 4 or 5 of the 8 stakes in Santa Cruz and ya, it was a good week. I don´t have time to write about everything, but everything´s well and I´m really excited to talk to all ya´ll on Christmas. I´ll be calling some time on Tuesday to let you know when we´ll be able to Skype on Wednesday. I have no idea when I´ll be calling Tuesday, but if nobody answers at home I´ll just call someone´s cell phone.
 
And Krin! That´s awesome! Mexico will be insane! Their accents are really funny! (Sorry Jeff, but it´s true). 

Well, that´s it for now.
Con amor,
Hasta miércoles [Until Wednesday],
Elder Groneman
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment