Saturday, May 17, 2014

Transfer coming on or before June 5th!

Muy buenas tardes!

So....... official word........ I`m getting a replacement on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!! That`s what President told me when we were headed up to Montero on Wednesday. I got to go up to Montero on Wednesday for the zone interviews and stuff with Pdte and Hna Zambrano and Daniel, their awesome son that just makes everyone laugh, and with one of the assistants. I got to go because the other assistant is from Montero, so it`d be like going to his own stakecenter where he knows everyone in the town, so he stayed back while I went up to help the rest of everyone out. It was good, but it was just interviews and revising the area books and I helped them out with their language study stuff and to check their emergency money. Nothing too exciting. BUT, I got to leave ParaƬso. So it was worth something haha.
 
But ya, on the way up we got talking about a bunch of stuff and Pdte mentioned that he`s bringing in my replacement on Monday and then I`ll be leaving in like 2 weeks then. But, we are still talking about the ruins in Semaipata, and actually he`s still mentioning that they might go by car to Trinidad this week, and if that happens, the secretaries have already been invited, so we`ll see what happens. But when we started talking about that, we got talking about my replacement and how he might just wait like 2 more weeks to bring him in just so we could do all this cool stuff before I leave. So who really knows if any of that stuff is really going to happen or not, but yes, it is official. I`m out of the offices this transfer. June 5th or before. I love this place, my area I mean with the members and all of the people we are teaching, and my companions, but I`m really excited to see where I end up. And I`m kinda hoping that this next area is my last one. I`ll have almost 6 months there if it is, and I`m kinda liking being in an area for more time now because everyone just becomes your family and you know everyone and they have so much trust in you. All of the members just joke around that I`ve already bought my lot here and I`ll be staying. Seriously, love this place. It`ll be hard to leave. But the good thing is is that being in the offices, it won`t be a surprise when my transfer comes, so we`re gonna have some good family home evenings with a bunch of families before I leave.
 
It`s been a hard week for teaching. Yesterday was the only day this whole week that we actually got out somewhat on time, like 3:45ish. The lessons we`ve had have been awesome, Spirit-filled ones that have taught me a lot as well, but there was basically some type of weird fiasco everyday that really just made us all frustrated. From medical emergencies to sending missionaries home to migrations everyday to zone interviews all week to illegal missionaries missing flights. Not gonna lie, haven`t been as frustrated as I was on Thursday for a long time. The district meeting was awesome, I had Elder R** teach, and then immediately afterwards we were all on the phone all stinkin day long for lots of dumb things that weren`t really dumb, but people just don`t listen sometimes haha! I`ve really learned lots of stuff here in the offices that I would never be able to learn anywhere else in the mission. It`s definitely been an adventure haha! It`s really something else when the stress just builds up all day and you feel like you have this incredibly weird office job, then you just push all that aside at 3 and get on a micro and everything gets really quiet as you read the scriptures with people that are looking to change their whole lives. This can`t be healthy haha!
 
The Mexico pictures are awesome! Every time I see pictures like that I think, wow, it`s just so green over there! .....then I look out the window. Gotta love Bolivia.
 
Love you all,
Que les vaya bien!
Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment