Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Finally Made It To The Ruins & Transferring on Thursday!

Muy buenas tardes!

So.... I haven´t read any of your emails yet or anything, but I have a second right now to write in the middle of all of the transfer chaos haha.
 
So first, didn´t write on Saturday.................because we went to Samaipata!!! (the Incan ruins about 2 hours outside the city.)
 
Second, I´m writing today instead of waiting until Saturday..................because I won´t be writing on Saturdays anymore!!!!!
 
Yup. I´m getting transferred! Elder H** is my replacement and he´s been here since last Thursday. Elder H** and I are in the same group so we´ve known each other since Perú. And he´s awesome and it´s been really fun here with the 4 of us that all live really close in Utah haha. But yes, I´m headed out of the offices on Thursday morning.
 
So I already know my new area and such and I´m really excited. My new area is Mangales, Equipetrol stake. I´ll still be here in the city, but on the other side by the river where I don´t know too well. I´m also going to be a zone leader there. I won´t say who my new companion is yet, but I´m really excited about that too and it´ll be really funny because he´s one of the Elders that I welcomed into the mission my first transfer here in the offices haha! But he´s already got like 9 months in the mission or so haha!
 
But I´ve found that the Lord obviously has a lot more confidence in me and thinks I can do a lot more than I think I can do. So we´re opening an area. That´s ok, done that before. But neither of us have been zone leaders before.... That´ll be interesting. I´m pretty sure that we´ll be just fine, I´ve learned a lot about what they do being here in the offices and all, but it´s not like it was ever my focus trying to figure out what they do and when. We´ll see how it goes haha. But it´s also going to be really interesting because I´m going to be the zone leader of the zone that has the most sister missionaries in the whole mission. Zone Leader of Equipetrol (in other words, Relief Society President). But I´ve heard lots of really good things about the ward and am really excited to be there. We´ll see how it all goes. Elder H** was there before and loved it.
 
That´s all I´ve got right now.
 
Love you all.
Elder Groneman
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment