"You are engaged in the saving of a human soul, and that is the most important thing in the universe."
-Elder Holland on Thanksgiving
So
ya, Elder Holland came on Thanksgiving! It was definitely the weirdest
Thanksgiving ever, but it was still really good! Elder Nathan and I
decided we'd be the insane missionaries who wake up at 6am to wait in
line for 4 hours so they can be close to the front during the
Thanksgiving morning devotional. Yes, we did just that. Actually, we got
in line at 6:45 but still, crazy right? Even better: we were first in
line haha! Someone got in line right behind us right as we got there and
we all became good friends in the next 4 hours waiting to be let in
before 10 haha! So we ended up with 4th row seats! Right behind Elder
Holland's family. (Basically the closest you could get) And there's tons
more to this story, but I don't have time to write this tonight because
we should actually be in class right now haha! So Thanksgiving was
good! Moving on.
The other day, Elder Nathan and I got to go off campus! It was just
to the Instacare over by the hospital, but still, we were in the real
world haha! Don't worry, it wasn't me that was having issues, it was
Elder Nathan. He thought he was developing some nasty skin rash, so I
told him he should deal with it before we got down to South America.. it
ended up just being eczema haha! He hates Utah weather.. Like
he-never-shuts-up-about-how-cold-it-is hates it.. Californians....
So people are getting their calls!!!! That's AWESOME!!! You don't
even know how excited I am for everyone right now! You will never regret
going on a mission if you go for the right reasons. It is the best
thing that could ever happen in anyone's life. You can't get any better
than this.
And I'm leaving tomorrow!!!!!! I never thought I'd say this, but
I'm gonna miss Provo... MTC that is haha! This place is great and all,
but I'm excited to leave for Peru tomorrow! I'm still gonna miss this
place though, especially my zone.. I have the absolute best zone
ever. And we're all just getting to know each other now that we're
leaving! Anyways, I'm leaving tomorrow so don't send me any more mail to
this address, send it to my Peru address, whatever that is... But send
me letters! Especially if you're getting your call!!!
And I can't
get pictures to you tonight so sorry! But I promise I'll get them to
you from Peru!
Nos Vemos!
Amor,
Elder Groneman
No comments:
Post a Comment