Monday, March 18, 2013

Hospital Clinic, Spiritual Experience, & Flooding

¡Buen Día! (that´s what it sounds like with a camba accent..)

So I should probably finish up from last week haha!

First. Stomach infection. I´m still alive. Long story short, I have no idea what I ate, and Elder B didn´t get sick and he ate the same things I did, but I threw up 4 times Saturday night and once more Sunday morning at the clinic. (this is last week). We called Hna Calderón and she said that I had to go to the clinic (which is in the center of town) immediately, so we did and then we waited forever before I was able to go back, then they gave me an injection of this stuff in my arm after they took blood and ya.. They said I had some infection and gave me two different antibiotics to take for the next week and all was well... I was really tired the rest of the day and they told us I couldn´t leave the house to work, which was absolutely horrible for us on a Sunday with church and all (it really messed us up the rest of the week), and so I slept for 6 1/2 hrs at a different missionary´s house in our district who was also sick while our companions went and did what they could for the rest of our day. I felt horrible all day and then slept for the rest of the night too, then on Monday, I was completely fine and haven´t had any problems since!

Spiritual experience of last week... In as short as possible... Basically our investigator didn´t show up for his baptism, so we went to his house and his mom had decided that he wasn´t going to get baptized. So after about 15 minutes of really strong spiritual impressions and powerful testimony bearing, we got her to pray right there with us. I was impressed to tell her that if she took 5 minutes to pray right then with us, that she would receive her answer in the next few minutes following her prayer. So she did, reluctantly, but she did. So we all said a silent prayer and wow the spirit was incredible! After she finished hers, she sat there for a few minutes, then looked up at her son and asked if this is what he really felt he wanted (or something like that), then he said yes, then she thought for another minute, then said that she would let him. But she wanted him to wait another week because it was his birthday too and they had family that had come from Cochabamba. It's not as cool sounding as it really was, but it was an incredible experience! Elder B and I left feeling completely confident in everything that had just happened, and with the confidence that even if it´s not now, that he´s getting baptized very soon. Crazy stuff. It was awesome. We´ll see what happens.

So yes! The flooding! I think it was on Wednesday. But yes it started raining the night before, then off and on during the night, then from about 6 in the morning to 3:30 in the afternoon, hard, nonstop. We weren´t allowed to leave the house. There´s a small stream at the end of our street and the street was completely flooded, including all the houses around it. We offered our help to a man who was bailing water out of his house but he absolutely refused having any help from the Mormons. The flooding wasn´t too bad other than that, mainly just all the streets which were horrible. Tons of mud everywhere until about yesterday when it all dried up. And there were gondolas in our area taking people to different parts of the city because all of the Micros (buses) stopped running because they couldn´t get through the streets. It was awesome and I loved every second of it haha!

Yes, I need more toothpaste and contact solution (preferrebly the stuff with the bubbles cause it cleans them better), and a beanie hat for when the sun comes, which is really soonish, and yes I got the music and Parker, that´s awesome haha!

Yes, the music was in the package too, thanks! Looked through the recipe book (oh and our stove broke yesterday haha so bad luck with that) and saw that you included chuño. It´s disgusting. The one thing that I really really don´t like here but we get it a lot. Black potatoes that are dehydrated until they´re black. Disgusting.

Oh, and there was another transfer this week and I have a new companion! Elder V from Lima, Peru. He´s finishing his mission in June, so I´m learning a lot, but the week was really hard to show him around with everything because of all of the setbacks from Sunday and ya, lots of problems came up with several of our investigators right before Elder B left, so trying to fix all of that and having a ton of other stuff come up was really hard, frustrating, and very tiring, but things are already getting better as E´ V is getting to know the people so he can start helping me out.. But we were still able to have a baptism on Saturday and we have another one this Saturday.

Lovin' every second of my time in Bolivia. Tell Sis Meyers when you see her that I absolutely love her country!

Salud a la familia y amigos,
Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment