Monday, March 11, 2013

Lots of things...

This week was great! Everything from a baptism, to having an investigator only speak Quechua, to having an amazing spiritual experience, to being at the hospital for half a day!

But first some other things.. Yes. I finally got the first package last Monday with the calendar and recipe book and stuff. I died laughing when I read the slips from the paint jar and saw all the awesome pictures on the calendar! And I´m determined to make some No Bake Cookies this week. I probably won´t have time, but it´s nice to tell myself that I´m at least going to try to do it haha! But ya, got the package with Dad´s letter, the ward missionary newsletter, and some other letters. Everything was in the package and it´s freakin awesome! Thanks! Ya we can´t make most of the recipes because we don´t have an oven and most of the ingredients don´t exist here, but I´ll see what we can do because we´re missin some good American food.
 
And yes, I finally got the Patriarchal Blessings that I asked for the day after I entered the MTC haha! They came 2 weeks ago from today. And all 4 of them too! So I have the blessings of Hyrum, Joseph F., Joseph Fielding, and Joseph Fielding Jr. [direct descendants can request copies of ancestors' Blessings]. The church sent them to Provo in December and so they got sent back to the church because I was already in Perú, and so then the church sent them to my mission here in Bolivia! So ya! 
 
So my week.. We had a zone conference on Thursday with a bunch of other zones downtown. So stuff about the division in the mission that´s interesting. (And this all came from President Calderón, so it´s all definite). Yes, the mission´s splitting. There´s going to be a Santa Cruz North Mission, and a South Mission. The North Mission is 4 zones (stakes) in Santa Cruz and all the Beni (everything north of Santa Cruz including Trinidad, Riberalta, and Guayaramerín). And also La Paz mission is surrendering their part of the Beni that they currently have in their mission to the Santa Cruz North mission. Pretty awesome. And he (Pdte. Calderón) said that most likely they´re going to have to open new areas too in the Beni so that´ll be awesome. South mission: 4 stakes in Santa Cruz, and everything south, and Cochabamba mission is surrendering part of their mission to us as well.. So La Paz and Cochabamba are both losing their areas that are the highest baptizing areas in their missions.. Basically either mission will be awesome, but I´m secretly hoping for the north.
 
Out of time haha.. So the rest of everything that I said at the beginning will just have to wait until next week haha! It just means that you´ll have to read my email again next week haha! The hospital story is good.... I have a stomach infection..... You think I´m kidding but I´m not... Don´t worry Mom, I´m not dying... But I really was at the clinic yesterday haha.
 
Anyway, until next time.. You´ll just have to wait until then to see if I´m going to live or die haha... Oh the suspense!
 
Chao
-Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment