¡Buenos Días a todos!
Wow, lots of things..
Wow! More calls! And Nate! That´s awesome!
Tell him he´s coming to the absolute best mission in the world and some of the
people here are the best people he´ll ever meet.. the others are usually drunk
and keep asking us to baptize them haha.. But I wrote S back and sent her
the letter the same day I sent the one that you got a week and a half ago, so
hopefully that gets to her.. I just found out this week that it´s possible that
letters sometimes don´t make it either haha! Oh well.. Oh and I didn´t send
that stuff out last week, but it´s definitely happening today.
And seriously, all you people getting calls, you know how
excited I was over mine, so just imagine me being that excited for all of
yours! Wish I could be there to enjoy all your excitement, but I´d rather be in
Bolivia haha! Tough luck, you´ll have to live without me haha. ….and then write
me and let me know how much that´s not working out haha
Tell the family hi, including Becki and Grandpa. Praying
everyday for everyone.
Ok, so the trifle bar [YSA FHE activity at Gronemans' home].. What I would give to have trifle
right now… Our pension gave us some fudge-tasting stuff the other day and I
about died cause I was so happy! And then I ate Elder B´s too cause he
doesn´t like chocolate stuff that much. But ya.. missin some good American food…
Seriously, really missin it…
Ok, that video thing is awesome! The one about all the
missions.. And ya, if you could send it to me in a cd when you get it
that´d be awesome! (Every house in the mission has tiny portable dvd players…..
keep that in mind haha)
Sorry, but I´m just not getting it.. Japanese is impossible…
I can at least make up words in Spanish most of the time and find out that I
was right haha! (Which happens quite often I must say).. But ya I really felt
like my Spanish improved a lot this week! I´m no longer the blob in the corner
that doesn´t say anything haha.. And they feel like I will understand them if
they talk to me haha! Ya that didn´t happen for a long time.. So it was kind of
funny and really annoying at the same time when they would ask questions about
me to Elder B… Ya that got old… “And what about him?” “Oh him, he can
speak Spanish..” And then they feel stupid for assuming I couldn´t… At least
that phase is over haha! And the Bolivian spanish is kinda weird too.. I call
it mumble. And they always drop the ´s´ off of everything and make up their own
words for things that don´t exist.. Or at least that´s what Elder B says..
On the bright side, I caught myself talking in the same improper Spanish too, so
at least this Choco´s gonna speak Camba! (Camba´s the type of people slash
language slash culture here in Santa Cruz..) (and there´s no slash button on
this keyboard)..
So ya, Spanish is good, mission´s good, people are good,
missing American food´s not.
Even though I can´t address everyone in my emails, I´m still
thinking about you all individually, family and friends.
¡Tenga un buen día!
-Elder Groneman
No comments:
Post a Comment