Monday, March 25, 2013

50 Years.... Well, on the bright side, less than 50 to go!

Happy Birthday Dad! Missed the surprise party, but I did eat some ice cream that I found in a little store by our house haha! Happy Birthday! And I got presents for your birthday too haha! (the packages (both of them) came last monday). Our stove broke, remember, but I found that one of the sides still works well enough to make brownies with that brownie mix!!! Best. Thing. Ever. My companion was really excited too because apparently they don´t have things like that in Perú either. But yes thank you! And the light thing is really cool and I need it because I never received the filtered waterbottle like they usually give the missionaries as they leave the MTC because Perú CCM was out of them. Everything´s in the packages, thanks!

Sophie, haha ya I saw the photo on the internet before I left, but I didn´t know that they used a quote from me haha! What can I say? I just inspire people.... haha I crack myself up...
 
So this week was tons better than last and my Spanish probably doubled this week, mostly because Elder V doesn´t speak any English at all so I don´t have a choice to ever speak English with anyone haha! We had one investigator that was going to get baptized this week and he´s been working really hard to learn everything he can and develop his testimony before this last Saturday so that he could really know for sure that it was true. Last Monday, we talked to the bishop of our ward about a bunch of stuff and he mentioned to us that he didn´t think that E (this investigator, and he is 18 years old) was ready for baptism because he wasn´t married. The standard for this is marriage is required if they live together, but since E and his girlfriend don´t live together, it was supposedly ok, but we hadn´t considered that because he still sees his girlfriend that he wouldn´t be eligible to get baptized. (Somehow, don´t know how, but we really didn´t consider that it would be a problem after.) And he completely understands that (oh ya, they have a baby) they shouldn´t have had the baby and everything, and he did everything he possibly could to get ready for his baptism. I don´t know how to explain this, but he understands everything about repentance and is determined to keep every commandment after his baptism, and so it was really hard for him to accept it when we told him he had to get married first. The problem is that they´re both in school still and so both sides of the family are telling them to wait. But it was really hard to tell him, and he started crying a little bit. I guess the point of this story is that it was really sad, but at the same time it was really powerful to hear him talk to us after and to see how much this gospel means to some people. He cried because he couldn´t get baptized yet. We have the gospel available to us everyday. What are we doing with this incredible blessing?
 
Yes, knit black beanie please, and I´ll look some more for some contact solution, I think I know a place where I can get some.

Happy Birthday Dad!
 
Oh ya, quick side note. Had to give a 15 minute talk yesterday without any notice whatsoever because one of the speakers didn´t show up and another one didn´t have anything so she just bore her testimony. ...So I decided to speak about the Atonement and then the bishop spoke after. We filled the time. (The meeting started 20 minutes late). Life of a missionary. It´s quite awesome. And you just open your mouth and stuff comes out haha! And somehow it always makes sense in the end. Holy Ghost makes all the difference.
 
Hope I answered questions today, don´t remember everything from your emails...
 
¡Tengan un buen día! (again with camba accent haha)  [Have a good day!]
-Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment