Monday, May 27, 2013

.......and back to Cupesí.

So no, we didn´t find a house last monday..... so they called us on Tuesday morning and told us we had to leave, but I was absolutely determined not to, so I told them that there was a good possibility of renting out some rooms with a member in our ward, but we weren´t able to find him on Monday. Well, they didn´t exactly like that, but let us go and hunt down the guy in the morning to see if it was something possible.... So we left super early to find out that the member had someone else move in just before us, but that´s ok cause I really didn´t want to live with this member guy anyway....... nothing bad, just that there´s certain people that tend to make me angry at the world sometimes. So then we saw a house in front of this member guy´s house and it was for sale, but we talked to the owner to see if he would rent it, and long story short, after many many phone calls and talking to different mission leaders and such, they called us up on Wednesday to tell us that the owner didn´t want to rent it, just sell it and that we had to leave that morning. Bueno.
 
So yup, we´re officially in Cupesí and don´t know anyone. It´s my second time doing this on my mission (¨opening an area¨), and unlike last time when we had 2 teaching records in the notebook for the area (I don´t know what it´s called in English), we don´t even have a notebook haha! But we´re sharing the ward with another companionship, so I went with Elder L on an intercambio so he could show me some of the area...... Well we got to our side of the ward, he tells me that he doesn´t know anyone in our area at all, just 2 members´ houses, and then later asks me if I know where we are because he didn´t recognize the area.. Haha yup, got lost in our own area. But I love Cupesí because it´s more like my first area in La Merced, but poorer and we don´t have a boundary. It just leads into the jungle outside the city haha! Lovin' it. Everyday there´s tons of lorrakeets that fly around everywhere and saw a toucan the other day (but it was someone´s pet so it doesn´t count). There´s lorikeets in all of Santa Cruz as people´s pets and also just out in the trees everywhere, but here there are so stinkin many it´s ridiculous!
 
I´m sending a couple pictures. They're all of my new area in Cupesí. There´s not a lot of houses here and we keep getting lost because it all looks the same haha! Dirt roads and trees in the distance. Last night we were teaching a new family about 30-35 minutes away from our house and there were absolutely no lights when we had to return. I always have my flashlight in my backpack for a reason haha! There´s not a lot of areas with light, so we´ve got to be better at finding out where there´s more houses because I´d rather not get jumped at night.
 
But ya, that´s been my week. I guess I mentioned that I was sick last week, and well ya, it´s been coming and going all week. We had to go to the clinic the other day, but they said I don´t have any infections, so we´re going back on Tuesday to see the results of another test to see if I have any parasites haha! Wouldn´t that be a great story if I did!
 
And ya, enough about me.... Congrats Eliza! Dolci will be awesome, trust me..... I´ve been in it too hahahahaha....... And ya, [Sophie & Jeff] good luck in the new house in Midvale, sounds like you´re still alive so I´m assuming that it´s been working out haha.
 
And I´m sending a second email so I can send another picture....
 
This is what my entire area looks like.... Honestly, I don´t even feel like I´m in Santa Cruz haha. There´s no houses.
 
But yup, wanna say sorry to everyone leaving on missions that wrote me and I didn´t have time to write anyone back.... But things have calmed down a little with all of these changes, so I have some more time.... Send me your emails or your mission addresses or MTC or whatever and I´ll send out those cartas ya? Bien.
 
Mom- the music was great on the ipod thank you! And ya, talks, music from whatever person, ya gracias!
 
¡Amor a todos, tenga un buen día!
[Love to all, have a good day!]
 
Amor,
Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment