First thing´s first.... call for Mother´s Day. Yes. First
I´m going to call you guys (haha that sounds funny... I´m actually
going to talk to you hahahahaha!) But yes, I´m going to call on SATURDAY
at 3 or 4 or so (our time). I believe that we´re only 2 hours ahead now
instead of 3, so that´ll be like 1 or 2 in the afternoon in Saturday.
But I´m going to call so I can tell you what time we can talk on Sunday.
And yes, we´re going to Skype. Other than this, we don´t know anything
else yet, so that´s why we´re calling on Saturday in the night. But yes,
we´ll have an hour to Skype on Sunday! Excited for that!
So.... after a week in a trio, training both in El Quior. Really
fun. El Quior is a suburb area in Santa Cruz, a little more than an hour
away from the center, más o menos. It´s the same direction away from
the center as my last area, just a lot farther. I think our area is the
last before leaving the city into nothingness haha. (or better said,
into the jungle-ish forest). But, completely opposite from what I was
expecting, it´s like 10 times richer than my last area haha! So the good
thing about that, most of the families are married!
But ya, my companions are great! Once we got used to the whole trio
thing, we´ve had a lot of fun because it´s more of a group and ya, lots
of fun. The sad part, Elder T is leaving for Riveralta today. Ya,
there´s some emergency transfers today, really weird for a Monday, but
ya, he´s all packed up and ready to go. We don´t think we´re getting a
new companion, because what happened is that probably they found more
houses, so they´re slowly getting rid of the trios in the mission, but
ya, it was fun while it lasted...
Pictures... Both are from my new area. The first, it rained a lot
yesterday morning and all the streets were completely flooded! Fun
stuff, loved it. And the other [there is only one photo] is from last night in the absolute nicest
house I´ve ever seen in South America. This house is the worst example
of life in Bolivia because we usually can´t even go in the houses here
because there isn´t much difference in being inside than being outside
haha! But ya, it was this kid´s birthday yesterday so we taught a lesson
to the nonmember brother of this family, then had some really good
cake and the boat thing is filled with candy that for once is really
good. Oh ya, this family is also our pension family here (we eat lunch
here almost everyday).
But ya, todo bien. Can´t wait to talk to everyone on Sunday!
¡Chao!
Amor,
Elder Groneman
No comments:
Post a Comment