My week was strangely really frustrating and hard because of several things...
So
one day we didn´t have one lesson. Not one single lesson. Our schedule
was completely full, but every single one of the members that were going
to help us bummed out and then the lessons that we were supposed to
have bummed out too. We didn´t get in one single house all day long.
That doesn´t happen here in Bolivia. We can always get in someone´s
house, even if we´re knocking on doors all day, we´ll always be able to
find someone to teach. Nope. Not one.....but I got over it...
So then later we got tons of references from members! What?! That
hasn´t happened here in El Quior yet, so that was really exciting. But
then later, some of the members with the referenes bummed out on us,
then the references bummed out. But, there´s still hope in all of this
because the members are finally trying to help us!....so I got over it
when the references didn´t work out.
Then yesterday, eating lunch. My soup decided to flip out at me
(no, not literally. The chicken is usually cooked just enough so that
it´s already died haha), but yes, soup flips out and gets all over my
white shirt. We took pictures. It was actually really funny and I
laughed about it. But I refused to go to our lessons for he rest of the
day with a yellow shirt, so we went back to the house so I could change.
.....¨Elder Groneman! Why didn´t you turn off the light?!¨ ¨I most
certainly did turn off the light!¨..... walk inside.... ¨Elder! Why is
the door open?¨ ¨I swear I shut it before we left....¨
I think we can see where this is going.....
¨Elder! The window´s broken and the handle of the door´s been destroyed! We´ve been robbed!!!¨
......yup.......
They looked through everything.... absolutely everything.... they took
tons of stuff..... including all of my pictures and my companion´s
camera with all of his pictures..... and lots of other stuff.....
So ya, I already starting to laugh about it a little haha! .....Robbery.... ¡Viva Bolivia!
At least i´ll be a great story later haha!
But
don´t get me wrong, I have another story for next week that´s
incredibly happy and spiritual. Just thought that it was a little funny
that all of this stuff happened with tons of more crappy stuff that I
don´t have time to write, and in the end, we got robbed. Yup we´re
moving haha.
Happy Mother´s Day!
¡Amor a todos!
Elder Groneman
This is the absolute nicest house I´ve ever seen in South America. This house is
the worst example of life in Bolivia because we usually can´t even go
in the houses here because there isn´t much difference in being inside
than being outside haha! But ya, it was this kid´s birthday yesterday so
we taught a lesson to the nonmember brother of this family, then had
some really good cake and the boat thing is filled with candy that for
once is really good. Oh ya, this family is also our pension family here
(we eat lunch here almost everyday).

No comments:
Post a Comment