The sun´s going to kill me. I don´t know what the
temperature is, but at night it´s still 33 degrees celcius [91.4 F] and painfully
humid. But it just adds to the adventure haha! Especially by the river
it´s sooooooo humid! And so yes, we chose to stay in the area by the
river, which was even harder than we thought it was going to be. We
don´t have very many people that we´re teaching here and the people are
harder to find too because it´s all of the commercial part of Guayara
where the Brazilians come to shop, so generally the people have more
money and don´t want anything to do with the Mormons. Oh well, we´ve
found some really awesome families and there´s a reason why we´re here
and not on the other side of the branch where it´s 50 times easier to
enter a house. Paciencia [patience], that´s all. But it´s been hard to leave the
ones that we were teaching.....
So the new Elders here are great. We made it really easy for them
to come and "open" the area here I must say. One of them came straight
from working in the mission offices as the financial secretary, and he´s
training the other who just got out of the MTC in Peru. Oh ya, so when
they arrived on Thursday morning, they came directly to our house first
with the zone leaders before we left for our district meeting. I met the
one Elder who was in the offices and welcomed him to Guayara, then I
met the other newbie: ¨Wait, don´t I know you?¨ he says in English.....
"Sí....... Ah! Elder P**! We were on the same baseball team forever
ago haha!" Yup, remember E** and his brother M** P** from
baseball and they went to Brighton too? Yup M** is now the newest
Elder in my district haha! Ya, he´s doing great, and he´s lucky because
he kinda already knows the language. But that was kinda weird to find
someone I know.
And because there´s a new companionship here in Guayara,
we have 2 districts instead of just the one, so they called another
District Leader and now I only have 6 in my district instead of 10 and
it´s a lot easier too, but I kinda liked having everyone because I got
to see all of Guayara on exchanges. Oh well, it´ll be easier with a
smaller district.
But ah! All of the less actives that we were visiting in the other
area before the split came to church yesterday! And some of our
investigators too! So that was good, but we passed the references to the
other Elders and they´re going to have some baptisms pretty soon.
Overall, the branch is still progressing. We have a little more than 50
every week, and yesterday there were tons of inactives! The only problem
from yesterday is that the people who normally come weren´t
there........ But we already visited them so it´s all good. My companion
is really easy to work with and the members really like us right now
(they haven´t had missionaries that they´ve liked for awhile now,
they´ve made that very clear to us) and so they´re starting to give us
references and I´m really enjoying Mamoré right now.
Good luck with Eliza and Jacob haha! But that´s awesome that they
can actually drive.... and really weird too...... Wow it´s really going
to be different when I get back haha! 10 months on Saturday...... weird.
Have fun at the BBQ! Completely forgot about Labor Day haha! Oh well, Bolivia´s better. Good luck with everything!
Oh
ya, and the Life of Christ videos that are on my iPod (thanks again!),
we´ve heard that there´s a movie of all of them together or all of the
Life of Christ or something like that...... True or false? Because if it
really does exist, por favor [please] can you send it to me? That would be
really good to use in lessons! But it needs to be in Spanish too haha.
¡Tenga una buena semana! [Have a good week!]
Amor a todos, [Love to all]
Elder Groneman
No comments:
Post a Comment