Saturday, March 8, 2014

Transfers this week......staying put

HA! That`s awesome! I completely forgot about that letter! [We received a letter this week that was postmarked in Bolivia on April 1, 2013!] I started reading and was thinkin, what.... the last time I sent a letter was,...... nope don`t even remember haha! But un año! HA! There was actually a letter that I sent to one of my friends when they received their call, and then when they wrote me in November, the first thing that they said was, ¨...and thanks not writing me back when I wrote you back in February!¨ So ya.... I think we`ve all learned that sometimes letters don`t make it to or from Bolivia haha!
Y... buenas tardes a todos!

Hope everyone´s week was good. We were inside from Saturday afternoon until Wednesday morning... And yes, the world went crazy outside. When we got home on Saturday, there was already a huge party goin on right in back of the house. One thing that we should all understand about Bolivia: there are no laws that prevent the deafness of the neighbors when the music is too loud. And at night.... ya they`re already deaf so we`ll just keep blasting the bass until the house next door collapses. But the good thing is that it was pretty quiet by our house after that. Just tons of really loud music from really far away and people going crazy in front of the house. And then when we went to the offices Wednesday morning, there was paint EVERYWHERE! In the streets, on the buildings, on the street animals.... on the people. Carnaval. It´s not exactly my favorite holiday to say the least. But, other than some good study time, we found some really fun things to do in the house haha! I`ll try to send some video of a game that we made up haha! It´s a lot more fun than it looks, but it ended up being a little destructive.... hense the video when we break the mirror......... Ya Carnaval was lots better this year with 6 missionaries in the same house haha!
Well....... transfers are this week. And I am going............ wait for it............to stay here in the offices for another transfer... I really thought I was headed out, but oh well. It`s still fun and I enjoy it. I`ll have 6 months here after this next transfer. I was talking to President about several things the other day and basically I had to have a straight answer if there were going to be any changes in the Assistants or Elder L** or yo [me]. And after he joked all day that this one Elder who was with us was going to be the new secretary, he told me that he still needs me here until April at least. (the end of the next transfer). ¨You`re going home in October right?¨ ¨No, my group leaves later in November.¨ ¨Oh haha, that`s great! You`ll definitely be here for awhile longer until May or June!¨ .............President Zambrano is awesome and all, but we kind of have the same type of humor and he likes to make people all worried and feel uncertain about everything until the last minute haha........ I`m assuming that he`s joking on that one.
Tomorrow is a regional conference with all of Bolivia broadcasted from Salt Lake so that`ll be interesting. And tonight we have the family session of stake conference, so we`ll be going to that. We saw the Stake President this morning on the way to play wally and he was super excited that we`ll have the mission president in our stake`s session! Should be awesome. Seriously, the work`s changing here in Bolivia and there`s just such an awesome spirit with the members right now and they`re really trying to share the gospel more. I love it.
Elder V** is headed home this week. It`s kinda weird being with an Elder for his last week. It`s been a little bit hard for him because he doesn`t have family there in Chile waiting for him as he gets home. But he`s been an awesome companion and he has a way of teaching that is just super direct, but he does it with love. He`s really changed my perception on some things.
And so it`s transfer week.... which means like 5-7 lessons the entire week. Oh well. And it`s going to be insane because THE ENTIRE MISSION IS GOING TO CHANGE AREAS. No joke. There are so many changes in areas and companions it`s insane! But there`s been lots of rumors and such about positions and everything with who`s a good Elder and who could be better, and it`s really been kinda sad with all of that.... so everyone`s about to be humbled real fast haha!
Well, that`s about it. nothing too exciting. Still alive. Lovin' Bolivia. Hit 16 months in the mission yesterday, but I`m not buyin' my plane ticket anytime soon so it`s all good.
Con amor,
Elder Groneman











No comments:

Post a Comment