Pero Buenos Dìas a todos! [But good morning to all!]
So
this week was awesome! We`ve finally found time to teach more, and
especially because we`re 4 right now in the same companionship, it`s a
lot easier to just leave the offices earlier and we split up the area
each day and basically we`re just awesome. I don`t think I`ve mentioned
the big family (la familia L**) for a long time, but we`ve still been
able to teach them here and there, but as of awhile now, the oldest
daughter has had a baptismal date for April 12. Really excited about
that. I think that I haven`t mentioned anything about that because
sometimes in our minds she`s already a member haha. Like the other week
after she brought another 2 of her friends to church, ¨hermano, talk to
them! They`re investigators!¨ Ha! ..... you are too! Haha she`s brought
lots of friends to church and such and is just awesome. So on Sunday
when we were teaching her a little bit more, she was telling us about
how and why she`s decided to join the church and such and how there`s
some things that she still doesn`t always understand, but she does it
because she knows that if we do it, it`s what our Heavenly Father wants.
So she was telling us about how she was reading For the Strength of
Youth and was reading the part about modesty. As she was reading it, she
became a little confused. Then she was really sad as she then went to
her room to throw all of her jeans away because in the church the women
can only wear dresses and skirts, etc. Pobrecita. Then she felt really
really sad when she went to the first institute activity of the year
with everyone in Santa Cruz because she was the only one who didn`t have
jeans..... She was laughing as she told us and Elder R** and I
couldn`t help but laugh a little too, but I think there`s something to
learn from this too... What are we all willing to sacrifice when we have
to walk purely by faith? ....but it was still really funny. Feel kinda
bad for her. But she didn`t even care and had jeans again the other
night when we were teaching her.
Ok, Jacob. Yes. Standing up for what`s right! Yes! Funny enough I
had somewhat of a similar experience this week.... not really similar,
but it still reminds me of this story. So we had zone conferences this
week (which always make us super tired afterwords because we basically
run the show) and la Hermana Zambrano talked for a bit about honesty and
integrity. It was really really good. So then later that night
(Thursday) I was talking with the lawyer about several things because
the assistants and Pdte and su familia were going to go to Cobija on
Friday. So he gave me lots of passports that I`ve been waiting for for
awhile now, and then later that day as I was going through them making
sure everything was good, I noticed that my Visa had expired! Then that
got me wondering about some of the others that I got the same day and
yes, as it turns out, there were about 8 or so that had expired and
basically there were just lots of problems that who even knows how it
fell through the lawyer's system and such, but ya, bad stuff. Anyway so I
also found that one of the Assistant's Visas had also expired, which
long story short makes it extremely hard to travel to Cobija. Getting
there`s not a problem, but coming back is basically impossible. And the
same Elder had problems before with his papers too and basically that`s
why his Visa fell through the system, but ya.
Talked with the lawyer
about several things and again, long story short, his plan was basically
that I lie to the Bolivian government about everything and if none of
his plan works for me, he was going to go even farther with everything.
(Sorry that I`m the subject of the story and all, but it`s just really
interesting what happens). Well, I was there with Elder P** and the
words of Sister Zambrano were in my head at the time and I just told the
lawyer straight up. ¨No! That`s a lie! You haven`t done (anything that
he had said that he had done and lots of other stuff..... basically it
was all one big fat lie.)¨ So then he got super mad and said some stuff
and well, basically tried to lie to me about everything so that I`d do
what he wanted me to.... Well ya. He`s just a big liar, that`s it. So in
the end of everything else that happened that day, the assistants
weren`t able to go to Cobija with el presidente y la hermana. They were
bummed out about that, but we were all asking why they didn`t need to be
there. Well, Elder L** had given lots and lots of money to the
president for his trip, all of the money that they were going to use for
the 5 people who were going and not just for the 3 that ended up going.
He wasn`t going to do that, but that`s just what happened I guess.
Well, in the end, I got a call last night that this one Elder over there
was really really really sick and was put in the hospital and such, and
in the end the insurance didn`t work in the hospital where he was even
though I talked with the insurance and everything and the hospital had
done contracts and such, but ya, it didn`t work. So the ONLY way that
they were able to pay for everything was to use the extra money from the
2 assistants that weren`t able to go. Weird. Any other way to get money
there would have really changed things here in Santa Cruz with the
mission money and such.
Anyway, something to think about.
Love you all,
Have a good week.
Gotta go.
Love,
Elder Groneman

No comments:
Post a Comment