Monday, August 25, 2014

Mmmmuuuuuuuuyyyy Buenos Días!

Mmmmuuuuuuuuyyyy Buenos Días!

This week has flown by fast and................ la familia B** is getting baptized tomorrow!!!!!!!! They came to church yesterday and the ward is really really excited and we had the best ward council yet and everything is getting so much better here in Mangales. When we went to visit the familia B** this last week, we got talking about their baptism and such and then we mentioned that Elder L**´s headed home on Thursday, so ya, now the baptism´s going to be on Tuesday so that he can be here too. Really really excited for that.

I also got to go to another baptism in Paraíso on Saturday for a good friend that lives over there. I actually never taught him, but he asked me to baptize him, which I was happy to do. He´s from Riberalta and he´s known the church for years and has wanted to get baptized for a long long time, but he´s had really interesting experiences that have pushed back the chance to get baptized until now. I did his first baptismal interview my last week there in Paraíso. He´s had several interviews since then, not because he wasn´t worthy or anything, but because he still didn´t feel like he was worthy to do it. But anyway, his story is really good and it was a really good, spiritual experience for him. Don´t know how it could´ve been better. He also asked me if I´d go to his confirmation, so I went to their sacrament meeting too with Elder S** yesterday. I felt like I was at home again haha. After being there for 7 months, it just became home haha. It was nice to see the whole ward again. They´re doin good.
 
This week is transfers too. I´m pretty sure that I´m getting transferred. It´s almost definite that Elder F** and I won´t be together for another transfer with so many missionaries headed home and so many coming in. We´ll see who gets to stay in Mangales. There´s several people that are just right there really really close to getting baptized. Each one of them has some little thing to overcome. There´s some awesome people that live here.
 
Something funny that we´ve been doing for about 2 weeks now is when we´re waiting in a park or we have a couple extra minutes before a lesson, we´ve been giving out the Law of Chastity pamphlets to all of the couples haha! It´s hilarious because they´ll be sitting there making out or what not and then the missionaries just show up to interrupt them and then they get super awkward HA! But ya know what? It works! They start reading the pamphlets almost every time haha! It all started out when I just couldn´t stand it anymore next to this one couple in the bus one day. Then we decided that we should do it more because maybe it´s hilarious, but it´s a serious problem here and people need help. Their reactions are really funny though after we leave. Some just stare at us being really awkward about it, others just start laughing if they already know what chastity means, others start looking at their boyfriend or girlfriend and start talking very seriously while holding the pamphlet. Bueno, reactions vary. But all of them stop kissing haha. One day someone will be blessed for us giving them a pamphlet in the park.
 
That´s about it I think. It´s been a good week with lots of successes. We´re having a huge multi-zone activity today too and our zone is by far the best so we´ve worked out the numbers and our whole zone is having pizza. Hope that all works out.
 
Parker, you´ll already be in Chile when you get this, but hope your first companion´s awesome! Always look for the good things in your companions and they´ll do the same for you.
 
Amor,
Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment